Sunday, August 30, 2020

... sigh .... 2020

 Really, this is an unspeakable  year.   



My father passed away.  My other sister has cancer and is doing chemo ( thou ovarian cancer caught early, which is actually awesome, because you don't normally get to catch it early - so actually probablly great)

There have been other gastly things which I've obviously blocked from my memory cause I can't remember them off the top of my head.

One of my musician crushes passed away a few days ago and I only found out this afternoon. 

He once passed unnecessarily closely to my chair at a gig in Brisbane and I got to leer at his rear from an inch away, and then proceded to say sexually inappropriate things on line *smacks wrist bad sammy*.  One of a handful of people whom my occasionally unruly hormones and enthusiasms inspired me to fly for to see.  I even went out in Townsville, where I never feel particularly safe to be inebriated on my own.

RIP Mike Noga


Ps. Could all the other people I adore please take very good care of themselves for at least the next six months.  I'm usually pretty resilient,  but this year is testing me.







2 comments:

  1. 2020 has outsucked Dyson hasn't it? Most of us will be really, really glad to see it in our rear view mirrors. I am sorry for you losses - and you take care of you too please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loss is challenging even in the best of times, a place we seem to be far from at the moment. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete