Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Night Visions

What level have I sunk too when I sprint in dead of night grabbing clothing by feel in the dark to respond to my cats siren call to come dispell intruding felines for him?

Three times last night. Some young fluffy ginger thing.

Got to see a bat come in to land on a branch of a small tree, planted on the opposite sidewalk, land just a little too hard and break the branch. I'd seen broken branches there before and blamed passing feral children. It fell tangled and indignified to the ground before flunging itself back airborne and away from the scene of its humiliation - lol.

I had thought the white part-persian cat, which had been disputing with a tabby male in the common battle ground of the deserted house next door, was gone. Things have been quiet. But I saw him walking down the middle of the street last night like a king. Guess I know who won now.

I wish I had a infra-red vision camera to record the goings on outside my little duplex of a night. I squirm with curiousity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment