Wednesday, October 4, 2017

... but also ...

I am a little sad tonight.

New patient, a young girl/lady, was filling in the new patient form and asked what 'alternative ' meant.  Except she couldn't even pronounce it correctly and called it 'alternate'.

She was quite nice, and her friend who had suggested out centre was also nice, but I find it very distressing when simple words are not understood.  I was heartened the friend gave a good explanation of 'alternative ' even if she was calling it 'alternate '.

I have had young people ask what midday or noon means.
I have had young persons ask what surname means.

George narrowly escaped adornment yesterday when he stopped by. His family, or someones family, were taking him for a walk (unleashed).









1 comment:

  1. He rocks his adornments.
    Sigh on a world where noon is an alien word...

    ReplyDelete