Thursday, June 14, 2018

Twiddling thumbs ...

... waiting to see what happens.

Teenage son of dr at practice I work at has been drafting reasons for him to be given my sunday shift based on hours worked.

(Irrespective of the hourly rate, length of service, competency,  life requirements such as being sole income earner compared to spoilt brat living at home who spends over three hundred dollars on a pair of shoes).

I've been working there casual for six years and make rare mistakes. Am obliging and flexible about changing my hours etc.

Teenage son (whose father is compensating his hourly rate to equal experienced long term staff cause his son wouldn't have stayed otherwise, on actual payrate for inexperienced staff member of his age) makes lots of mistakes and sounds like a dead person when he speaks, but his father is one of their mainstay permanent doctors.

Teenage son would be much cheaper on a higher paid day than either myself or the other lady I alternate with.

We were given the sunday shift to make up for the reduction of our hours during the week.

Lets see what happens.

All this when my body is betraying me and I am not likely to make a good impression on new employer's with my wrist wrapped up like a mummy.

Sigh.

Think I need to shift to only eating once a day and squirrelling any spare money away for emergencies.

2018 is not been a good year.




1 comment: