Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Traumatised

I girded my loins and boxed poor Thomas up and took him to the vets to surrender him, in the hope he was microchipped and had an owner to be returned too.

By golly, didn't the lady at the counter make me suffer.
Very not nice.

A overly detailed explanation that they don't take surrendered cats anymore and the council are supposed to come collect them direct etc, whilst still giving me the paperwork and taking Thomas away.

News to me.

Particularly since I'd popped in the day before and spoken to someone different to check it was okay to drop him in to see if he was chipped or not.

I wish i were more assertive and could have told her to bring him back then cause I really didn't want to leave him with someone who wasn't going to be nice to him. Damnit!

He cried all the way there in the car and i told him not to worry, it was all okay. Everybody would love him and be nice to him and tell him how beautiful he is and i just feel like such shit now.

I am just going to keep any other cats that show up at my place from now on.

I have a feeling she looked familiar.
I wonder if she is a patient taking out some dissatisfaction with her gp on me.

None of the patients really seem to believe that receptionist don't have complete control over the order patients are called. 

Reception is the lowest of the low.
We wash the doctors dishes for heavens sake.
Why would anyone think we can tell them what to do?

Was trying to save up for a week off in September, but think I should cancel that and save up for a vet visit for Snowball instead.

A different vet.



1 comment:

  1. Definitely a different vet.
    I am so sorry. I would always have been hard, and that woman made it harder.

    ReplyDelete