Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flashback poem - Wassail - April 2011

Wassail

Let us drink to absent friends we've never had
Indeed, I hold to my friends so lightly it is as if they were not there anyway
so perhaps let us drink to all people
and contemplate our place in the world
and then perhaps weep a little
because we can
and because we are drunk
and because there are a lot of people in the world
and therefore a lot to toast

and perhaps at the end we will be friends
swear to each other faith and loyality
 
forsworn and forgotten once the fumes have cleared
the night nothing but a headache and a blank ill remembered spot in our memory
and in the cold light we might say ...
 
out out damned spot
I can't believe I drank so much
I hope I didn't do anything embarrassing
where did that tattoo come from? 
 
(perhaps this would suffice for my contribution to the photo & text album - I am startled to see how long it has been since I have regularly inflicted new writ doggrel upon the general public unlucky enough to click on my blog.  Probably I should start again.  Originally I was only allowed to blog if it rhymed - in a bid to cut down the amount I was posting - now I am hardly posting at all, perhaps it can get me started again - lol )

1 comment:

  1. Please post again. I always enjoy your skewed take on the world. Much like my own.

    ReplyDelete