Monday, May 7, 2018

Embarrassed blush ...

Two beautiful young men just showed up at my place to spruik the McGrath Foundation and raise funds.

I am one of those people who think nothing is bothering them until one word sets off a gush of tears and wailing.

Sadly, it happened during the ever so pretty young handsome man's speech.

I hope I haven't totalled their day.

Did my best to tell them they were doing good work etc, but am like a sobbing three year old when I cry.  All heaving sobs and shuddering breathes.

Poor boys.

Sister is infact, very well considering.
They have decided can skip surgery and go straight to radiotherapy .

Everybody in the family is letting their hair grow back now.

Mother is due to arrive saturday.
Hopefully for only two weeks.

Dad is in hospital in Melbourne with some kind of skin infection on his legs and heart ussues. My sister assures me he is safe to ring cause he is very confused and can only speak for about five minutes at a time.

Dad is notorious for his long winded conversations/monologues which frequently feature stories from his days of working as a taxi driver.

Have not been able to stand tbe smell of rum since.

Did twelve bags of shredding at work yesterday.
A paperless office still involves an aweful lot of shredding.

Sad to only feel like one has managed to do something constructive by destroying something.

1 comment:

  1. Feel no shame. None. Nada. Zip.
    And I am glad to hear that your sister is doing well.
    Good luck on the maternal visit front.

    ReplyDelete