Friday, May 25, 2018

Whoops ...

... i think I've scared my mother.

She has been protesting my decision to try methotrexate again, because she didn't like the effect it had on my mood and personality last time.

However, today was the first day we've both had off from work and bridge and she took me to the local shopping centre to look at a couple of things.

Sadly, I've been in a somewhat decrepit state of late and she has now decided I do need to try and take medication again.

I think I've distressed her.

So I let her buy me an early birthday present to make her feel better. (I was going to buy it for myself anyway)
























It is by local artist Margaret Crawford.

I think it nicely captures the evil weeping angel-like quality the curlew has.  Pity one cannot incorporate the special screaming for help I'm being attacked and tortured by a gang quality of their night time activities.

She is one of my favourites along with Sonia Ward, whom I have too pull my finger out and buy some of soon, except usually the ones I really love and want to own cost lots of cash, whereas Margaret does some awesome stuff which she sells for just twenty, thirty dollars.

Sonia also has cool stuff for not much, i just like the mixed media work currently on sale for 265ish sooooooooo much more.  She did some really great paintings of pregnant woman/anatomy featuring featus which I really really wanted too.

And there were some mixed mefia world map style works and etc etc etc.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the print you received as an early birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your early birthday present is a stunner. I hope that you get improved health as another gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the post you removed. Definitely sigh. And hiss and spit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am over my temper tantrum and resolve to approach the future with a chill attitude and lower expectations. I am getting lots of kitty affection because of the chilly weather and feel better for it even though it be based on pure feline self interest ha ha.

    ReplyDelete