Saturday, July 3, 2010

Normal services will resume in a fortnight (i think)

I haven't read posts for nearly a week and I can't see when I am going to catch up.
*sigh*
I started a temp job Friday.  I shall be working in a call centre.  I got call from a recruitment place midday Thursday asking me to come in that afternoon for interview/tests and then started training the next day.  All day yesterday was about how to answer the telephone.  Hopefully Tuesday (monday public holiday) will be about what we have to actually talk about.  It's all very well to say to use positive language and to never say "I don't know" but it would be helpful to know enough not to be placed in the position of not actually knowing.

Still ... I need a fridge. 
I can do this for two months for a fridge.

(I think this was the application I went very silly during applying and said something in response to telephone manner about having a jolly cheery voice and have been told I have a laugh like Betty Rubble from the flintstones, which I was unsure was a good thing or not)

I have a book recommendation for you all :)  My sister loaned it to me and it is awesome.  Colin Cotterill "The Coroner's Lunch".  Really great.

3 comments:

  1. I dreamt that Adam (Dono) lived in the house in front of ours and I knew he was planning a jam session. I was walking about 500 metres from my house when Richo walks past in a blue button shirt, head down, white headphones on. I smile and continue walking for another 5 metres after which I hastily turn round and begin following him, hoping to be of assistance by leading him towards Adam's (and therefore my) house. As we reach the gate I nonchalantly ask 'so are you going to be recording any of the music you'll be making today?' so that he may realise that I know that he is a world famous musician.

    Later that day (still in the dream) I sit in a white room recounting this to nothing in particular, and Richo shows up behind me. He is still listening to his white headphones except now he's singing religious songs. It made me question my reading of his lyrics to date.

    My dreams: they are more fanboy than I.

    Remaining anonymous,
    Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds kind of like dream-glenn is stalking you

    shake head at self: I drift away in reverie when watching spicks and specks or some other such shows and did last week imagining I was a panel member and as part of the clues had to sing a bit of Asleep in Perfection and Adam Hills said something along the lines of "I know you're a big augie march fan. what do you think glenn would think of your version of AIP" and I could only reply that best case he would say it was shit.

    but I shall console myself that at least he wasn't lurking behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds kind of like dream-glenn is stalking you

    shake head at self: I drift away in reverie when watching spicks and specks or some other such shows and did last week imagining I was a panel member and as part of the clues had to sing a bit of Asleep in Perfection and Adam Hills said something along the lines of "I know you're a big augie march fan. what do you think glenn would think of your version of AIP" and I could only reply that best case he would say it was shit.

    but I shall console myself that at least he wasn't lurking behind me.

    ReplyDelete