Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yo

Though I shall no doubt suffer abuse for the lack of presents by sundry nieces and nephew it will be worth it as it was a nice day in Melbourne yesterday and I had a lovely time consisting of an unfortunately early waking rewarded with a lazy three hours of hotel instant coffee drinking, channel flicking and reading of delightful book for young readers which I've not reread in over ten years and therefore didn't actually remember what it was about so I got to read a book I loved again like as new - what could be better? - for three ish hours whilst I waited for my friend to wake from her sleeping beauty like slumber, before strolling to the victoria markets and being much tempted by gloves with bows on them as a present for one niece, but then facing the facts that a) no way could I afford to spend $57 dollars on something she just won't get to wear; and b) I would be lynched by the other children if I only gave one of them a present and I wasn't going to get to go shopping for anything the others would like - after which I supped of eggs benedict and tea WHICH ONLY COST NINE DOLLARS!!!! whereas the same in Townsville would cost me (and has cost me) nearly $25 - god I love Melbourne sometimes (even though the streets are creepily wide and tree'ed - its unnatural) after which I got to laze about with more coffee/tea books and channel flicking whilst friend recovered from her bum knee playing up - and then we trammed to the Union Hotel on Brunswick Street for the BlackEyed Susans with other friends (who were also at breakfast, but I got distracted and didn't mention it before - they look fabulous - time has only improved their marvelousness) and also got to say Hi to another delightful person at the venue and discuss how great Sandra (blog link off to the side) and didn't get drunk and didn't vomit and I've not missed my plane - w00t!

all in all, a successful trip
but short
very short

I would have liked to go shopping and could have gone out on my own, only I have no sense of direction, suck at reading maps, and in fact didn't possess one - so discretion being the better part of valour??? that makes no sense, I sat about instead.

Was reading one of the wizard books by Diane Duane "The book of night with moon".

1 comment: