Saturday, December 23, 2017

Ha! Details at last!

My beautiful sister has thoughtfully posted details, which is handy cause I keep forgetting them.

"high grade, triple-negative neuroendocrine carcinoma. A fine needle biopsy of a suspicious lymph node came back negative and I have had a CT Scan (chest, intestinal and pelvis) as well as a bone scan that have also come back clear. Oncologist is still suspicious (or getting kickbacks from the nuclear imaging unit) as I am booked for a PET scan and a brain CT after new year. Apparently it’s rather unusual for a neuroendocrine tumour to be primary breast cancer. Read a few medical case studies and the ones I’ve seen usually aren’t triple-negative. So special!
Started chemo on Thursday and for the next 12 weeks, Wednesday will be chemo day on the Carboplatin/paclitaxel protocal. If all things stay to plan after that I move to fortnightly doxorubicin/cyclophosphamide for 8 weeks. Apparently I’ll probably loose my hair with the first lot and ..."

Far out brussel sprout, ay?
She is going to nail them chemo beanies though.
She is heaps more systematic than me.
Probably even hydromatic.

Have a kitty by my side and chucked FeedMe outside for the short-term cause he sprayed my leg and I can't be having with that.

Have been super hungry since sister's news which is odd cause i am not a comfort eater. 
More of a comfort drinker.

It was 31 degrees inside at my bed under the ceiling fan when I came home, and has dipped to about 29, but that could be because it is next to the wine bottle.

I have tomorrow and xmas off work and will be bright eyed and bushie tailed for boxing day.

Merry Christmas peoples 🎅




2 comments:

  1. I so hope that your sister's doctor is wrong. And wish her luck, and healing.
    We are heading for 35 today - and 23 for Christmas Day. Much more better.
    I hope Christmas treats you kindly. What have you bought for the cats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crimeney! Its a good thing you mentioned that. I haven't got the anything yet. Mayhap will invest in some mince for them. I bought xmas presents for my sisters cats and guinea pigs and a santa outfit for George if he turns up, haha.

      Delete