Friday, December 29, 2017

The cracks are starting to show ...

... first time of mothers visit i called on a sober driver for the evening.  I am not coping with the continued explosure to parental presence.

Mother was in the kitchen sobbing over imagined slights by my eldest sister. Mother has been here since 6 January, but eldest is apparently still supposed to make a fuss of greeting her each time they meet even though they don't get on.

Maybe because they don't get on.
Sigh.

Plus we then played a game she was not participating in and she can't stand not being the centre of attention.

She seemed pretty cranky about watching a video featuring her grand-daughter, probably because she wasn't in it.  We were boring her apparently.   She is such an unnatural grandmother.

Some minor sledging earlier in the evening that I was cruel like my (eldest) sister because I crowed a little over being able to open the jar of garlic with my arthrtic joints when healthy people couldn't. 

My (diseased) sister thinks things are going okay this visit, but thats cause mum is savaging people when she ain't around.

Tipsy mother is now advising me I am the go to person after my (diseased) sister is gone. (She really does not want to be at my mercy. I have none left for her.)

She was weird last night too, like she was tipping me off that others would be elsewhere this morning if I wanted to spend some alone time with my (diseased) sister.  I think shes forgotten I live here?

I can see her Chop anytime I want.

Its not like she is dying in the next three days.
She isn't dying at all.
Barring unforseen complications.

Things are just going to be rather unpleasant for the next six/twelve months or so, with the possibility of recurrents down the track.

My spellcheck has disappeared.

I may have just indicated a repeat attack of dehydrated grapes.
I'm pretty sure I can take out a few wisened grapes if they get stropy.
I've already killed a grapevine without even trying.
I sup the juice of the grape like it be water.
I have got the grapes totally covered, be they wrathful or not.

Just not up to coping with my mother.

Don't know when she is going home.
She may be waiting for Choppys next set of tests.
PETscan and CT scan of brain, just to make sure is primary and not secondary.
Hopefully they happen next week.

Please let her go home soon.
Please!

Edit:  funnily she never counts her boy children. If I had to chose someone other then Choppy, I'd chose my not so little, little brother.  He is handsome, sucessful, thoughtful, organised and considerate.  Mum only obsesses about the girls.  Maybe, in her mind, the boys don't belong to her. Maybe she thinks of them as belonging to dad?  But really, she has always been very dismissive of males in general.

Her loss, ay?

8 comments:

  1. Sigh.
    Been there. Refused to buy the effing t-shirt.
    Wine oclock saved me more than once.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fellow suffering always makes one feel better :) ta

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas and happy new year, Maddie.

    Looks like I've missed a lot in the past year, and not all of it good. Hope it's not all getting to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and happy new year, Maddie.

    Looks like I've missed a lot in the past year, and not all of it good. Hope it's not all getting to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure everything will be fine. Mum isnt sleeping is looking for some poor shop assistant or waitress to make cry. Lady in gardening section nearly got it this morning, but she managed to very politely move away on other business. My was trying to order her away from her post to water some plants, lol.

      Delete
  4. Your mum sounds like exactly the sort of person you want around when you're crook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mum sounds like exactly the sort of person you want around when you're crook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesnt let you do anything and treats you like a criple. Sometimes that is nice for short periods.

      Delete