Sunday, December 31, 2017

I sound like ...

... a nagging fishwife, as I scold Bokkie.

What kind of time do you call this? I say at 5.30 pm.
I came home early especially to spend some quality time with you and you weren't here.

I called and I called and I called.
Where were you! You have another family, don't you!  I accuse.
You've found someone with airconditioning, I suppose.

I feed him a snack.
It is too early for dinner.
He gives my hand a nice little face rub and eats, as I stand with crossed arms and scowlling.  Occasionally muttering discontentedly.

He finishes his snack and does his little musical thrill for attention.
I ask if he wants to come down?
(His feeding bowl is atop the old fridge I have yet to organise to be taken away).
He indicates he maybe wants to go out.

No way!
You just got here!
I haven't seen you all day!

I stand in front of the screen door with arms and legs spread to block it.
Nonononono.
No.
You can come to the bed and thats it.



1 comment: