Thursday, September 3, 2009

Daydreaming

i had an odd waking dream the other morning

i was at a party
i only knew a couple of people
i have no small talk
there were apparently famous people there
but not anyone I recognised or knew
i was uncomfortable and about to leave
but caught sight of a man sitting slumped back in a chair
who was looking a little green

i had an airplane vomit bag in my purse* (as you do)
i was heading over to him
cause he looked like he was going to spew
the girl i knew a bit was trying to stop me
because he was somebody
and she thought I was going to pester him for an autograph
or something

Due to the slight delay
I didn’t get the vomit bag to him quite in time
And he vomited some on my shoes and skirt
Everybody else moved back out of the way
And I was left holding the bag and patting him on the back

The host of the party was pissed off
But went and got a towel and a bucket
Once the bucket was safely in boys hands
i went and emptied the bag in the loo and chucked it
assuring individual that it was fine
and that usually I had to deal with cat vomit
which is much worse
and that I had been about to head off home anyway
so vomit shoes was not an issue

the weird dream stopped not long later
after I had placed a damp cloth on the mans forehead
and was on the way back to the bathroom
to empty and rinse the bucket

(when I was in Adelaide last, there was an incident where I had to beg a bag from the sanity music store opposite the airport departure lounge because I wasn’t going to make it to a bathroom after a big night out and airline staff had just called boarding – meeting up with friends at the gig in Melbourne, they presented me with their airline vomit bags as present)

5 comments:

  1. haha!

    i am dreaming of odd decaying teeth quite a bit lately. i'm quite puzzled when i find them, my teeth crumbling away or speckled with pretty yellow patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've only ever had those dreams just before something went wrong with my teeth.

    i had the crumbling teeth dream the day before half of one of my back teeth broke off eating lasagna

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly unpleasant. It's a very well written poem but very dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it wasn't unpleasant at the time
    it was a relief to be useful
    and a good excuse to leave the party

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny, i didn't think it was unpleasant - i think you were lovely and caring and made a very sweet nurse.

    ReplyDelete