Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am a fool

I succumed (sp?) to temptation and bought the damn computer game online yesterday and then stayed up until 2 am finishing it.  The cats not happy with me. 

I only have that little built in mouse to use.  I am not very good at using it.  My little finger extends out like I am drinking tea in one of those little cups wot are so awkard to use, but so pretty.  The tenseness of the action combined with the athritis has caused the last joint of my little finger to swell and go crooked.  It will not go back once I stop using the computer.  That is it for that finger now.  Crooked for ever.  Evidence of my bloodymindedness if not compentance.  A monkey could finish the game.  It's just one of those match 3 items ones.  I think I got so obessed cause one then earns points to buy stuff to set up a village.  Houses.  Market.  Trees.  Certain trees make the little people happy.  I think I just liked buying stuff. 

The urge is there to play again and set the villages up completely differently, but I need to wash clothes for work and don't think it would be a good idea to stay up till the small hours again crippling myself just before Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Aside from arthritis, I know the feeling. For me, it seems the only way to avoid gaming addiction is to not know about them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice. I just never thought I'd find a game I found as mesmerizing as Freecell and Spider Solitaire.

    ReplyDelete