Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chewing bottom lip thoughtfully

I am not sure how I feel about being placed into a government program to obtain a Certificate II in Business.  It appears to consist of basic customer service and word processing - both of which one would hope I had the hang of by now considering I have been working for twenty years - and then entrance into an apprenticeship or traineeship?

Ladies at the last permanent job I worked at used to come to me for assistance when they got stuck taking their Certificate IV.

Still ... it will be something for me to do during the day - which is a good thing because I go nuts sitting about at home.  9 till 3 Monday to Thursday.

Should I try and become an hairdresser? 

The last hairdresser said I had no talent for it when I went in for a tidy up after chopping off my split ends one frustrated evening when they kept knotting up when I was brushing my hair.

I can't help but think I am taking the place of somebody more deserving and who would appreciate it more.  I worry I shall be disruptive in class.  The lady at the last place of work who was training us banned me from answering anymore questions.  I was the 'Martin' of the group.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Maddie, just apply for recognition of prior learning for everything and spend the next how ever months at home reading. Noice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned that I already rated advanced at word processing and she responded with "Well you'll find it very easy then". I don't think they do recognition of prior learning.

    I can see it now ... my next four weeks will be spent arsekissing the instructor and helping other students.

    The lady placed 15 of the 16/17 of the last group into work after the course - so I shall do my best to get on her good side.

    ReplyDelete