Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fingers crossed I win the lotto - i promise to hold a really cool party if i do

In a strange blank kind of mood today.
Perhaps is just lack of sleep?

Was cooking with slow cooker overnight and I always worry it will set fire to the house when I am asleep and burn my poor defenseless pets to ashes, so I kept waking to check the kitchen wasn't on fire.

I never worry about the fridge being on constantly or the television or the radio but all other electrical equipment - mother used to always tell us to turn the electric blanket off before we went to sleep, in case it caught fire in the night.

Speaking of 'The Parent' - the phone calls are starting again:  she starts immediately with "Have you got a job yet?" and "Everythings alright with Centrelink?" and "Have you heard from the agency?", "do you need money" and "I suppose there isn't a lot about at the moment" and "You should come visit me since you are not doing anything.  Flights are cheap at the moment".

I broke in this time with 'now you are not going to start doing that thing again where you ask if I have a job yet every time you phone like last time, are you?  You know I would tell you if I was.  I'll get all depressed and cry after you phone.'  (cause that is what happened last time - I was flinching every time the phone rang), but I said it in a jolly teasing kind of voice so that she couldn't get upset and cry at me.


Mother's response was:  Stop talking rubbish. 

I was not expecting any other response. Consideration of my request is perhaps some kind of admittance of fault or something?  The way this plays out is, she will now do it more than she was before.  Perhaps escalate to grilling in more detail about what I am doing and my finances.  She is already trying to grill my sisters about what jobs I am applying for.

All one can do is cross ones fingers and hope some other child of the family has a crisis to divert her attention.

Maybe my older brother will get some inappropriate female pregnant or something?  He never has before, but like, there is always a first time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment