Monday, February 15, 2010

Startled

My eldest niece caught a little bit of Rockwiz Saturday Night (I made them watch it cause they were repeating the episode when Glenn Richards from Augie March was on and I like to torment them).  Today she instead of calling me a spaz or something of such ilk, she said 'that crowded hour song is alright"

*insert gobsmacked face*

Usually my 13yr niece just makes fun of my enthusiasms.

and and and - that is not all

When I made her listen to a song today (Civil Civic's Less Unless which can be found here) instead of rolling her eyes at me SHE ACTUALLY SAID SHE LIKED IT.

(13 yr niece has read post over my shoulder and says I have to write that she rolled her eyes at me)

(( and then she muttered something about me liking retarded music ))

8 comments:

  1. Dude you must buy the latest 'Frankie' (March/April) and turn to page 42 and you'll see a most delightful picture of Mr Dan Kelly, *sigh*. THEN on page 43 we're blessed with a recipe from the man himself, *sigh sigh* ("Dan's Vegetable Tagine with Eggplant, Harissa and Black Olives").

    He's quite lovely, I mean interesting, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, and you thought you weren't a good influence on your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please, I bet she listens to Taylor Swift and Miley Sirus or something. She won't appreciate anything of worth til she stops listening to pop stations and switches to Triple J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - am hitting my sister up for a loan tonight and shall go buy one forthwith.

    I think niece likes hiphop ish kind of stuff best. The ones with the clips of scantily clad young woman .. um .. popping, I think its called.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't forget krunking.
    or is it Cramping?

    i liked the eye-rolling.
    you should teach her the 'exasperated sighing technique' too. it's almost more infuriating to victims than the eye-rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed. I would much rather she did the exasperated sighing. She tends to go straight to 'dead arm' punch at the moment along with the associated 'death look'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that station still on the air? I used to listen to that at work in the mid-90's.

    It was one of the few decent stations I used to listen to outside of the States.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Triple J is indeed still alive and well Mr G and also have (or had) a television show (not sure if it is still on) and a magazine.

    ReplyDelete