Thursday, February 11, 2010

w00t! - an update!!

My day has been brightened :)

Here was I, slumped in my lounge gazing with a troubled soul at the junk I am supposed to be sorting out and getting rid of ... but how can I?  There is the hideously cutesy little white kitten ceramic with a pale pink hat with flowers on it with a hole in it so one could use it to hold actual flowers or pencils or whatnot, that mother foisted on me.  I have a weakness for the ugly and improbable.  Why would somebody think this was a good idea?  Who would choose have this in their house?  I haven't the faintest idea why my mother would buy such a thing.  Perhaps it was a bargin?  Perhaps, and more likely, it was a gift?

The funky frog headed ball - use unknown - I gave to mother and she foisted back on me when downsizing for her first unit.

Excessive numbers of lipsticks.  I don't wear makeup most of the time.  A handful of times a year.  But they are such pretty colours.

... and rocks and paperweights and vases and objects and a wrestling doll that when you squeeze his legs together his arms move together in a crushing motion wot was given to me by my little brother and STUFF.  So very very much stuff.  sigh

I have my grandfather on my father's side's glasses (eye glasses) and my grandmother's on my mother's side, as keep sakes.  Is that stoopidly sentamental or what?

Oh well ... back to staring helplessly at the accumulated useless stuff of my life, ey?

Edit:  Also this man is fabulous - but I have nobody to make out with? - I shall go drink directly from the cold water jug instead of using a cup as substitute

1 comment: