Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello

Dearly Beloved
(there always seems to be a bit missing when i type that word - be-love-er-ed is more how I say it)

I have had a most miserable weekend.  Something wrong with my neck - possibly just arthritis messing me about, but perhaps it's my pillow? - causing nasty sick headaches that make my eyes feel crossed.  Only solution is to take pills, grab an icepack, retire to bed and wait for it to pass.  I've spent the entire weekend in bed with a pillow over my eyes.

So for this reason I decided now was a good time to give up caffeine.  If I am going to have a headache anyway, it seems reasonable to get it all over and done with at once, ey?  I've been decaf since Saturday morning.  yay me

I used to give up stuff all the time.  Or perhaps periodically is a more appropriate word.  For months or more at a time, just to get back into control and prove I didn't need it, whatever the it was.  Softdrink.  Coffee.  Lollies.  Whatever.  (or possibly this is just a sign of commitment phobia)

Not alcohol though, because I didn't start drinking until my mid-twenties when I was ceasing to be able to deal with living with my mother with any vague vestige of grace.

I went through a brief period as a child where I was a bit obsessive compulsive.  Not that anybody else noticed.  All about balance.  If I walked one foot on pavement and the other on grass, I would have to do a little hop skip backwards so that I could walk the grass foot on the pavement and the pavement foot on the grass.   I think I was only 6 or 7 at the time.

I hated the feeling of being a slave to such a silly urge and got cranky with myself and stopped.  I've been a bit anal about the feeling of needing things since.

Which brings me round to advising that perfidious lentil lover Dan Kelly has posted another blog.

sigh - he gives good blog.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of your mate Dan, He's playing with Paul Dempsey (Something For Kate dude) in Brisbane on April 14th in Melbourne, and the 16th in BrisVegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh
    but i won't be able to go
    it is very sad

    still - i have a months temp work from Monday, so at least I shall be able to buy his cd if he has it ready by then

    ReplyDelete