Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I expect I shall do something today at some point

I love that my cats curl up near me to sleep.  If I move they follow.  Not in a fawning showy way.  They may not move straight away.  When they do it is casual and matter of fact.  Blossom-cat gets up in the middle of the night if I do.  He walks close to my leg like a guide dog as I pick my way through the mess in the dark.  Wanders about in the bathroom while I am busy or paces at my feet for pats, all sleepy eyed and warm.

I am sitting in my lounge chair not watching dreary daytime television.  Blossom is curled up in an old shoe box far too small for him at my feet.  Sookie next to him on a plastic bag containing yarn.  Woollif in a basket I intended to only temporarily fill with junk that needs to be sorted and somehow got rid of.  It can't be comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. I still feel sorry for a male cat named Blossum

    ReplyDelete
  2. But he is soo sweet :) It suits him. (actually it's peaseblossom - I named them after the Queen of the fairies attendants from A Midsummer Nights Dream)

    ReplyDelete