Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Flappy hand wave

It is  2 pm on a Tuesday and I am a little tipsy.  My neck wouldn't stop hurting, so I scootered over to my brother-in-laws to drink his wine. 

I feel a great deal better now :)

It is currently 31 degrees and 66% humidity.  It is raining a bit at night, just to make things nice and steamy during the day.  The sun is shining.  There are fluffy white clouds in the sky.  I woke briefly at dawn to a window of peach deliciousness.  So beautiful.

Peaseblossom has taken to sharpening his claws on my book of the complete works of Shakespeare (given to me by my Uncle Sidney when I was nine or ten after I waxed enthusiastic after getting to see a version of Midsummer Nights Dream one day when I was home sick - I think Judie Dench was in it).  A judgment on me perhaps, for naming him after a fairy?  He is a delightfully muscular cat and I patted him into a helpless dribbling ball of fluff this morning.  I've had quite a snugly feline friendly morning.

I am re-reading Tom Holt's "Only Human" and listening to 'Watch Me Disappear' as I go to sleep at nights.

I had a moment yesterday whilst knitting the latest scarf - I imagined I was wearing the completed version and somebody had complimented it and I replied 'yes it's lovely isn't it?  I skinned a muppet" and at their look of disbelieve I explained 'well, a few muppets' and then went on with ' oh but don't worry - they were feral muppets.  something had to be done.  they were eating all the raisons'.

4 comments:

  1. Dear MCL, firstly your feral muppets line was the line of the day! Very funny.

    Secondly, my apologies for not writing back to your Dan-Kelly-in-Frankie post the other day. I think I read it at some ungodly hour (you know when you wake up in the middle of the night and realise you've left the computer on?). Anyhoo, it's is a spiffy shirt and I want it too so we may have to have a fight about it.

    I was surprised, though, to read that you'd adore Monsieur Kelly as a brother-in-law? Wouldn't you rather adore him as your amore-squeezy-love-bits? *sigh* I have a theory about guys named Dan; they always seem to be a bit of all right, don't you think?

    I'm rambling, I'll stop. Let me know how the rousing at your brother for not being a girl and thus not giving you more brothers-in-law goes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. But did you see how clean that kitchen was? I am a very messy person. It just wouldn't work out, (besides, he is so little brother like, don't you think?)

    'amore-squeezy-love-bits' is an awesome phrase. I steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. Dan's are good. I have a thing for this Dan - http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=39550655&albumID=303678&imageID=10995285
    *makes terribly sexist wolf howl*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, MCL! Here I was saying 'Dans' generally and here you are throwing back multiple photos (Dans) of the one Dan. You're a classic.

    I'm a fan of that Dan too.

    ReplyDelete