Friday, February 5, 2010

So close and yet so not going to happen - sigh

Talk of teachers on Kettle's blog reminded me of Christmas get togethers, as there are a few teachers in my family - uncles and aunts - I'd vaguely thought I would be a teacher - because it was in the family - teacher or a nurse and I didn't want to be a nurse :)

Absently musing - the grey cells sparked and threw up the memory of the son of a cousin - 9 ish - behavourial problems, but nice - too rough - playfully headbutted me in the nose and accidentally would hurt his siblings and others - was keeping an eye on them to stop any troubles breaking out so that Cousin could have a nice day - I can never think of much to say at parties, even if they are family get togethers - at least with the kids one gets to play games - I am good with kids and little boys always seem to get crushes on me, but this was the first time I'd ever had a nine year old ask me to be his girlfriend :) (I think I was about 35ish at the time with a buzz cut that I'd dyed blonde)

So ... if I get a months temp work in March at the place I was at last year whilst the receptionist is having an eye operation, it would be very unwise and impulsive to buy plane flights to go see young Dan Kelly and Paul  Dempsey playing in Brisbane in April.  Though it would get the visit to the Parent out of the way and stop the nagging?  Though it would mean I'd have to try and get a taxi from town to Redlands in the small hours of the morning and mother would probably wait up for me crying and I'd get the lecture about people drugging, kidnapping and raping me (even though, it must honestly be said I've been quite happily letting myself go these last few years and am looking far from my best and I don't really think people would be lining up to drug the drink of a fat nearly forty woman with crooked teeth, warts and scabby dermatitis hands).

Besides, if it happens I won't get paid until mid-March and by then the flights will be too expensive, so really, it is entirely impractical and the electricity bill will be coming in around then and I'll need to pay rent which will probably go up since my lease is due for renewal April, so I don't know why I even thought about it.

*wistful sigh*

... and Mr Noga is playing drums for Mr Dempsey and is rather attractive (as is Mr Dempsey).  Mr Dempsey walked within a foot of me at the Enmore when I went to see Wilco (actually I went to see Glenn Richards who was playing support, but anyway) and the girl next to me looked like she was either going to faint or leap the barrier.  She stopped breathing all together and her body turned with her eyes like a sunflower following the sun.

But, gosh.  So many attractive young men occupying the one stage - it's an orgasm in waiting.

Edit 7:08 pm: and of course  it goes without saying unspeakably talented and sing good and stuff

3 comments:

  1. Dear MCL it's pretty clear from where I'm standing (well, sitting) that since the child of your cousin headbutted you you should definitely buy tix to see Mr Kelly's and Mr Dempsey's show.

    Glad we got that sorted. Now, when do you fly out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am much swayed by your reasoning, M'me Kettle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me that I needed to get tickets to see Mr Dempsey. I didn't realise all those other fine personages were coming with him.

    You should go to Brisbane. Get thee on the dole!

    ReplyDelete