Friday, February 19, 2010

Musing

Dear Madame Kettle,

As instructed I stopped in to have a gawk at Mr Kelly's feature in Frankie.  Isn't that an utterly spiffy shirt he is wearing?  I fell in-love with it when I was looking for reviews of their gig at the Toff on the 16th.  sigh - I want it bad.

Upon reading the little piece with it, I concluded that I'd adore to have him as a brother-in-law - if only I had more sisters!.

He would balance out my other roast cooking brother-in-law.  I'd have one that boils potatoes and then deep fries them instead of roasting them in the oven (cause they get a crispier skin that way) and makes gravy from scratch (he deep fried me some bacon once) and then one that cooks healthy organic ethically correct food that one wouldn't feel guilty about mooching because ... well I am not sure yet, but I expect one could come up with a supporting argument.

I shall rouse on my little brother the next time I see him for turning out the wrong gender. 

I've been trying to think, but I don't think I've ever eaten muesli?  I think I've eaten a muesli bar once.

Also, if he were my brother-in-law I would be within my rights to steal his shirts.  My Aunty Claire was always trying to steal my Uncle Sid's shirts.  (I have one, but I didn't steal it.  He gave it to me when he got a little to portly for it.  Sadly I am now becoming a little too portly for it too and should probably pass it on as it is a fab shirt, but I am a greedy little black duck and that is totally not going to happen.)

 
(Uncle Sid when he was skinny, Dad, Mum, Aunty Mary? maybe - I can only tell them apart when I have all five of them photographed together (younger photos of them that is - I can tell them apart at present) 

I've just been applying for jobs with a dash and devil-may-care attitude - all sorts of jobs - ones I am probably not exactly qualified for - I even emailed a firm of solicitors and I swore I'd never work in a legal firm ever again.  I think it was a reaction to the guilt I am feeling for sleeping in until nearly midday.  

Can't get "The Devil in Me" by "Augie March out of my head - not that I am displeased by this in anyway - it is a gorgeous song.

No comments:

Post a Comment