Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Am alive - just watching tennis

I keep forgetting to put my glasses on *ouchie*.  My head hurts and my neck aches. All this television watching - I'm not fit for it   It disagrees with me.  The Hopman Cup has been most enjoyable so far anyway.

The lawnmowing guy knocked on my door yesterday to chat.  He has never done this before.  He apologised regarding his attempt to mow my water logged yard.  He complimented me on my eggplants. 

Here I was picturing general disapproval of my gardening efforts.  My neighbour doesn't really like plants and I think the landlord is more an expanse of grass kind of guy too.

The lawnmower guy likes cats.  He has three.  He has a russian blue he is very proud of.  Thinks him very smart.  If the door is left slightly ajar it will open it up the rest of the way itself.  He is into permaculture.

It is nice to think that I have a mower guy who is going to take care around the garden edges.

My grandmother used to try and have a garden bed down the sunny side of her house.  My Uncle Sidney used to just run over it with the tractor mower.

No comments:

Post a Comment