Tuesday, January 5, 2010

la lala la

By golly - here I am again.
Blogging.
About nothing.

dum de dum de dum

If I were a more analytical person I could blog about watching the tennis.  Perhaps I'd even get a book deal out of  it.  Like that dude that wrote a book about reading all 20 volumes of the Oxford English Dictionary.

My phone isn't working.
I worry that it has been cut off on purpose.
But I paid the bill.
I know I paid the bill.
It was a day or two before it was due.



okay ... now i gotta go check my banking records just to be sure.

Maybe i paid money onto electricity or something by accident?  It's the kind of thing I'd do.  Though I have not done it before.

Edit:  Yep - I paid the bill.  Wonder whats up?  This will be why the overly keen man hasn't been able to get through to me on the phone.  Not upset about that.  Well ... I am upset that he was trying to ring, cause I'd said I would call him when I was ready.  I was firm.  I thought.  After he'd called the THIRD TIME in three days.  And I'm angry that he then chose to turn up at my house because he couldn't get through.  But I wasn't mean to him.  But probably I should have been.  Or at least blunt.  But I was so angry I was having to be careful what I said, which means I was probably too friendly.  Because I am just generally friendly.  ARGH!

3 comments:

  1. what?
    WHO IS THIS MAN?
    this Turning Up Without Warning man?
    i don't like men like that.
    unless they've already seen me at my worst, without a pristine, freshly applied veil of makeup and minty-fresh breath.
    then it's fine if they turn up.
    as long as they have croissants and coffee.

    oh jeeze.
    i'm not fussy. he could turn up with a flat tyre and ask me to lend a hand and i'd be out there in a flash. i'll be 40 soon, and beggars can't be choosers.

    anyway.
    who IS this chap????

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is cute and my age (which is rare) - but ... you know when guys are so keen on you, for what you consider to be no good reason, and are acting like a victim? I could do anything and he would agree. I've not behaved nicely so far. Where is his self respect?

    I hate having to worry on someone elses behalf like as if I am their mother. I REFUSE TO BE IN CHARGE!

    If I wanted to be in charge I would still be playing Manager at the Railways or even a inconveniencing clerk or attempting to work my way up in State Government or, in fact, a mother!

    signed
    peeved of queensland

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh. i get you on this 'being in charge' thing. i'm ALSO fed up with the whole idea. i want a TakeCharge chap. forthright and knowledgeable about STUFF. someone with an opinion who also looks GREAT in a suit.

    is that too much to ask?
    is it?
    where are they all?

    married, probably.
    bastards.

    ReplyDelete