Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day

I was disappointed to see a shop displaying Australia Flag bedecked t-shirts with the slogans
"Go Home, We're Full"
and
"We eat meat, We drink beer, We speak F#@king English".

Regardless of your stance on the levels of immigration or the processing of refuges, I don't understand why you would want to walk about with such mean spirited slogans writ across your heart.  Why be so impolite?  Where are your manners?  Why fling your dignity to the winds to call names like a child just because you  disagree with somebody?

I don't get all this Australia Day celebration.  I find myself muttering "it wasn't like this when I was young" like a  cranky old lady.

3 comments:

  1. As you get older your right to crankiness increases. It was on the many benefits of older age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. concur niki - i nearly bought one to burn it, but resisted :) Hopefully nobody bought them.

    Crankier as you get older: certainly it works that way for my mother - though she seems to really be getting a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete