Monday, January 18, 2010

Today did not go as planned

I was going to get up early and start cleaning from the sun room back.  All orderly like.  Was woken slightly earlier than I had intended by shrill screams from stray cat trying to fight with my fat, neutered, possessor of only one testicle, Michael-cat around 6 am'ish.

So I figured 'this is a little too early to start vaccuming and banging about' and so settled back to read some more of my book.  My eyes were sore and I closed them for but a moment and suddenly it was past 11:30 and the sweat soaked sheets of my bed were attempting to meld with my back. It is a strange feeling to wake damp.

I posted more scarves to good natured friends and achieved very little with the rest of my day.

Have vaccumed some and started sorting through books again.  My Charles de Lint books are on the chopping block this time.  I cherish intent to then move on to my bric-a-brac and other useless dust collecting possessions.  Soon it shall be as if I don't exist at all.  I will be left with open spaces and easy to clean floors (and the cats, of course).

I wonder what it is like to live without a fortress of stuff to seperate an area of the world into home territory?

Would it make you feel free?
Or would it make you feel dispossessed?

2 comments:

  1. I want so much
    to have nothing to touch
    I've always been greedy that way.

    -- L. Cohen.

    I could try the no possessions things for a week. Maybe 10 days.

    Charles de Lint, never heard otf him, I'm a BIG fan of Charles De Mint tho, especially his chocolate-covered mints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see me lasting long at it either :) Even when I am just in a hotel room overnight, I fling all my stuff about and make the place look messy and occupied.

    ReplyDelete