Thursday, January 21, 2010

Argh

a maulstorm of ideas tumbling through head
from watching documentaries on abc and music
and i delighted in the speech by Bruce Milne
so boggled and worried and relieved, things didn't turn out as he thought would be
and I am unburdened
and fancy free
and don't know what to do with
my free-dom
should i write a sign friend
and what should i say?
in this time and age and day?
what is meaningful
what the fuck
in this time of ending
age old habits and descent and bark
saber rattling protestations of need
whats the point of praying on knee
is there a god to answer and even should he
regardless of would he
what is the point?
what is myself that I can decide these things for my non-existant children?

7 comments:

  1. Ah MCL, "what is the point" indeed. Squib answered this one for me today: it's 42.

    I taped the first in the music series and have forgotten the last two weeks. Damn. Is it super good so far? Worth the dvd box set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure - I think I liked the classic album series better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When was the classic album series on? (Do you think I'd still be able to get it on dvd at the fabulous ABC Shop?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS where has your header piccy gone??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if it came out on dvd - I shall have to have a look out for it.

    The lack of picture is symbolic of my empty uneventful unemployed life (but I always change my mind about these things and probably as soon as my computer is working properly again I shall put another one up)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha! Did you get my letter about this poem? I hope so, I went to some trouble over it. Did you enjoy the rewrite?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Paul - nothing received at this end. bounces with eager curiosity - send it again send it again

    ReplyDelete