Thursday, January 7, 2010

Reporting in

This is the last of my internet until (fingers crossed) tomorrow when I shall have money on my credit card again to buy some more. My last pay has arrived and I have promptly distributed it to the most necessary places and am looking toward a future filled with frugality.

I am of course going to go out and have a last helping of eggs benedict to console myself today.
Which I shouldn't do.
But will.

Blossom-cat managed to get himself into strife this morning.  Woke to choking noises at the end of my bed.  He'd swallowed two or three feet of a 3 metre long ribbon and was starting to have issues.  Desperately trying to chew a piece off, which wasn't working, and just swallowing more.  An odd feeling helping pull it out.  Made me think of the endless string of hankies trick from the pocket of clowns and illusionists.  Except not.  Poor kitty.  Poor stoopid kitty.

 I shall now assume a guise of respectability and adjourn to the shops to look at stuff wistfully.

I promise I have been bathing these last few days of sloth, but the hair and teeth brushing have taken a bit of a dive.

Edit:  Dan Kelly has not updated his blog, but has updated his site.  It's not really working for me though.  He has replaced his quite fetching portrait with the list of words that are on his poster.  However, over half of the words are concealed/overshadowed by the blog.  So whilst it looks funky, it is irritating.   Perhaps that is just me?  I can be a little OCD sometimes, I think, ey?  It still looks nice.    

Edit Edit:  humble pie - i look at his site on my sister's puter with the nice flatscreen and the writing is all legible off to the side.  it's only mostly behind the blog frame cause i have clunky old monitor - which i won't say is crappy because my brother-in-law and sister lent it to me to use after the cats broked the LCD screen of my laptop and it is therefore fabulous - even though the cord was bent so long that if it isn't in just exactly the write position the colour goes nuts - its fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. i hate looking at stuff wistfully.
    looking at stuff wistfully is friggin torture.
    i want to look at stuff and try to think whether i really NEED another pair of shiny, red shoes or if i'm really hungry enough to consume ANOTHER white chocolate and raspberry muffin with cream cheese top or will that couch feel as comfortable as it looks while i sit on it and watch 'The Bachelor'?

    wistful sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concur and your immediate and complete understanding reiterate your awesome intelligence.

    ReplyDelete