Sunday, January 3, 2010

Impulse

My Uncle Sidney told me about the Pirelli Calanders.  I can't remember how old I was and I don't know how we'd gotten onto the subject.  Maybe a documentary had been on television or something.  I bought him a book about the history of the calander one year.

Have no idea why, but today I started wondering what this years was like, so I googled.  Only found behind the scene type photos and it ain't doing much for me.  I liked it best when they were incorporating the tyre tread into the photos, but anyway - this lead to randomly googling for pirelli pictures and came across this one from 1995.  How funky is it :) 

















I think the book I found for Uncle Sidney was only the first few years *shrug* can't really remember now, but this was one of the pictures I liked the best from it.






























This was a later year - I may not be remembering right, but I think this one was taken by the first female photographer for the calander.


Edit:  also this is pretty out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment