Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Content Warning: probably not at all interesting

There was an article in the Seniors Newspaper about people knitting little beanies for babies for the hospital and that if anybody was interested in donating to call/email a lady for patterns. So another lady at the office and myself are going to have a bash at it. Patterns are in the mail.

A year or two ago I read an article asking for volunteers to learn to smock. It was a small group of people who made and donate to the local hospital little dresses for still-born babies to be buried in. Darn near cried reading the stoopid article, but I can't sow.

Probably the beanie knitting isn't going to work out either, but what the heck, right?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh MCL, I have as recently as this past weekend had fantasies about sewing little things by hand, which is odd because 1. I can't sew, and 2. I especially can't sew little things by hand.

    Shall we have a go anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to start with the beanies for the alive babies and work my way up to dresses for dead ones. The article in the Townsville Bulletin said there were only a couple of ladies left making the dresses as age and arthritis culled numbers.

    I bet its like that everywhere. One just doesn't think of things like this.

    It quite breaks my heart when I think about it.

    I very nearly went and signed up for a sowing course after reading it, but I didn't have the money to go buying sowing machines etc at the time.

    Do you want me to send the beanie pattern on to you when I've had a look at it? The article said they liked ones that were a bit seasonal eg. red and green for christmas time etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I'd love to have a look at the pattern when you've finished. I'll email you my address - thanks xo.

    ReplyDelete