Monday, October 12, 2009

Goodbyes

Blossom is a sad tabby cat Monday mornings.

After a weekend of cuddles, pats and company; when I leave the house to go to work he rushes to the window overlooking the carport and makes mournful meows at me as I don helmet and back scooter out.

It's not quite so marked on other mornings. It is only Mondays that break his heart.

Dreams last night were of sad goodbyes at airports. I was leaving and would not seeing him again for a long time or if ever. Guiltily I confess, I rather enjoyed the desperate clutch and near to tears kisses. Perhaps one day my imagination will gift me with a face for this amorphous man who was wishing I wasn't going, but perhaps it is better this way. If it put a face I knew to him it would put me to the blush.

No comments:

Post a Comment