Monday, October 26, 2009

Last Night

I had this sudden urge last night (no I had not been drinking) I had this sudden urge to paper mache a chair.

I have one of those camping chairs - the ones that seems to foldout like a spider, rather than the director's chair type - it was always just a little bit too small for me. Certainly I was too heavy for it. It's not very old at all, but already coming apart at the seams.

I've just been given an old recliner, but was going to keep the other one because Sookie-cat likes it. But then I got to thinking ... I have all this old newspaper and I've been wanting to try papermaching something - why don't I papermache the chair?

And then I thought ... I could papermache a bookcase too. Make that cheap flatpack thing look funky. Like an old tree or something. And then I started thinking, what if I made a bookcase from scratch with papermache! How awesome would that be.

And then ... THEN ... I started thinking, by golly - I only have a dozen bottles of wine left - I think I've given myself brain damage and isn't it a luckily thing I don't have any money until Thursday and am therefore completely unable to buy a bag of flour with which to make glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment