Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday Breakfast

I was overly ambitious with my order and they were generous with their serving. I feel like my eyeballs are floating on masticated bacon. I was full before I even got to it, but it was soo nice I could not stop.

My waiter asked if I wanted cracked pepper.
I am shattered.
He very nearly had an australian accent with it too.

The paranoid part of me is now worried he's seen my blog, but of course that is ridiculous and I didn't order eggs benedict this morning after all. Perhaps he thought I only don't like pepper on my eggs benedict and that he should ask.

I had coffee today too instead of the tea I've supped of late. It was half foam, which I did not mind. Sometimes its nice to spoon the foam into ones mouth. Childlike fun.

Fried eggs and bacon and mushrooms and beans.

Beans were odd. Almost sweet. Almost sour. Strange. Not what I am used to in a bean.

I had the place to myself, you see, so I ordered eggs and bacon because I am a very messy eater and place the egg on the side of toast and eat with my hands, dribbling the yolk onto the plate and then mopping it up with the corner of toast that is usually left. Crumbs go everywhere and I invariably end up with yolk on my face. I can only order it if there is nobody around.

Ditto the BLT because they serve it as an open sandwich and the mayo makes everything slippery.

But then the place became distressingly busy. Lucky I'd finished my eggs. I eat the rest with a knife and folk, in case you were worrying about it.

Sooo yummy. When food is good I cannot help but hum a little to myself and tap my feet. Perhaps I dance a little in my chair too. I try to be discrete, but the twirling of the fork and the little spinning swirls I make with the tip of the knife are probably noticable.

I am going to go waddle off to my scooter.

I need to go have a lie down now.Ciao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment