Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Drifting thoughts

last night thoughts drifted to play with wondering what it would be like to live with somebody - as a couple - I never have, you see, and apart from when i still lived at home with my stepfather and younger brother i don't have much to base imaginings on - i used to spend most of my time in my bedroom reading anyway - i've never had male friends (though i have now with some internet people, but they are not people i am physically mixing with so ordinary interaction still eludes me)

i am trying to remember and am coming up lacking

there was dinner time, of course, but dinner was such a formallised afair (though not formal) - ritual phrases, nodding and agreeing (as was ones unwritten role) and the nagging ... o the nagging

i imagined somebody who whilst agreeing i needed to exercise, did not ask if i had done anything that day, or remarking on the tightening fit of my clothes (as i have heard in other couples) - instead he would take me for a walk every evening - no talk of current affairs or ones day at work - no necessity to think and interact - just hands held and gentle stroll - it was cold and we had coats on and I snuggled in to his side because I am a wimp and hate the cold and there weren't lots of street lights and I think we were near a park

i say take, because there is always going to be an element of reluctance on my part because i don't and never have enjoyed exercise and mostly walking bores me

and really ... who is going to want to do that?

probably both of us would be better off getting a dog

he would get dependable unconditional affection and attention and for me i'd be taking the poor thing for a walk out of a sense of guilt - guilt for my slackness is a solid tried and true tested motivator

i don't think the cats would like having a dog around
i am not sure i like dogs that much either
goats are kind of funky though
i wonder if you need a goat licence?
one of my sisters has been talking about getting a pet goat

No comments:

Post a Comment