Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday Breakfast

Perhaps I should have said yes to the pepper?
Not all the time, but just now and then?

The delightful french boy has remembered I don't have pepper on my eggs benedict, so I did not get to hear him say 'crack-ed pepper' this morning.

He did however ask a group of people if they wanted a table in the shadow. Woman said 'yes i would like to sit in the shade'. She and her two companions then sat forcfully stoic until he was out of earshot and then had themselves a giggle.

I wanted to throw my parsley at them.

I am a greedy hedionistic woman with no self control and appear to be making a determined dent into the four dozen bottles of wine my sister offloaded onto me now that she isn't drinking anymore, much to the detriment of my health. My bones protest, but my tastebuds say YES. Something red and wonderful last night. The label has come off so I can't tell you want it is, other than nectar of the gods.

I am not presenting well on a Saturday morning. Unwashed untidy hair. Heavy hungover eyes. I don't know why the french boy smiles so nicely to me, but I am glad he does *sigh*

I had the oddest dream the other week. I wasn't going to tell anybody, but anyway. Dan Kelly was in it. I think because I was looking forward to the alleged blogging of the album recording. Have read the tour diary he wrote when he was travelling with Holly Throsby and it was very funny and I have been so bored lately.

Anyway, in the dream DK was going to be performing at the civic theatre. It was not specified in the dream whether it was Paul Kelly performing and DK was in the band or not, but anyway - point being he was going to be in Townsville.

In the dream he messages me on myspace to go buy them all fish and chips and bring it to the civic theatre. Phone numbers are exchanged. Whilst I am at the fish and chip shop he txts to get calamari too. I snarkily txt back do you want bugs as well? The response is yes. I am cranky at having to spend so much money on them and being asked to 'fetch', but put that aside and get some pineapple rings too, for dessert, as a nice gesture.

A very awkward bundle to try and carry to the civic theatre on my scooter. Some packets fit into the storage compartment under the seat, but the rest I am having to put in one of thos green canvas environmentally friendly bags and sling across my back. It is a hot, painful, uncomfortable trip.

So I bring them and go to the box office area and they aren't letting me in, of course, thinking me a mad stalker or something. I txt DK and he says to bring them round the back. pfft. So then I have to trudge all the way round the back. I am being all repressed cranky. Somebody lets me in and I deliver the fish and chips and everybody tucks in and I am mostly ignored cause they are talking about set up stuff/etc AND NOBODY EATS THE PINEAPPLE RINGS. The bastards!

The End

2 comments:

  1. Leonard Cohen never eats mydream food either but his roadies tear into the pine apple rings like they haven't seen food in weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I can't picture Leonard Cohen eating either.

    ReplyDelete