Friday, October 16, 2009

Googling Death Poems

So this other blog I read have a poetry post on fridays. Todays was a death poem. Decided to google death poems, cause I quite liked bits of the one that was up. Got this:

Loser by Shel Silverstein

Mama said I'd lose my head
If it wasn't fastened on.
Today I guess it wasn't
'Cause while playing with my cousin
It fell off and rolled away
And now its gone.
And I can't look for it
'Cause my eyes are in it,
And I can't call to it
'Cause my mouth is on it
(Couldn't hear me anyway
'Cause my ears are on it),
Can't even think about it
'Cause my brain is in it.
So I guess I'll sit down
On this rock
And rest for just a minute

which I quite like but, as you might rightly point out, does not appear to be about death *shrugs* go figure? Who am I to question google?

No comments:

Post a Comment