Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday Afternoon Adventures

Dear Gingatao,

I have googled your Oodgeroo and while I am happy to concede to her greatness, I am finding her a little depressing.

Municipal Gum by Oodgeroo Noonuccal

Gumtree in the city street,
Hard bitumen around your feet,
Rather you should be
In the cool world of leafy forest halls
And wild bird calls

Here you seems to me
Like that poor cart-horse
Castrated, broken, a thing wronged,
Strapped and buckled, its hell prolonged,
Whose hung head and listless mien express
Its hopelessness.
Municipal gum, it is dolorous
To see you thus
Set in your black grass of bitumen--

O fellow citizen, What have they done to us?

In other news, I finally remembered to phone the scooter place since they haven't called me about the speedo cable that they were ordering in to replace the one that took leave of absence when the "screw fell out" the afternoon they changed my tyres.

I rang them because ever since the first service there has been an issue with refueling. In that it is overflowing out the bottom when I fill up and I am a little worried I might set my scooter on fire one of these days.

I rang them at lunchtime and they asked if I could bring it in now.

Perhaps they were worried I might set it on fire too?

They think that a hose has "come loose" from the fuel tank or something. No doubt the "hose coming loose" after the service is mere coincidence. I am curious to see how much they are going to charge me for this. I am finding it all quite amusing. I have been cursed ever since I left Sydney, but I refuse to give in. Bring it on, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment