Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sleepy Thursday

I have not been able to get to sleep this week
usually I am a good sleeper
i have a routine

when i do achieve slumber
it is intermitent, unreliable and unsatisfying

last night, nearly on the verge of unconsciousness
numerous times
the cats conspired
taking turns to make loud noises

knocking over the suitcase standing against the wall
filled with clothes that will never fit me again
BANG

drag races up and down the length of the house
gallumping on polished wooden floors
4 feet x 5
then up the bookcase to land on screen
BANG
with reverb

a dispute between males outside the bathroom
a curious, vaguely distresed meow from an outside cat
discrete vomiting noise from under the bed

wake wake morning has come
bugger
I must have slept, mustn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment