Saturday, November 7, 2009

Make it so

enough of the white lace curtains and cream sheets
make them red, make them blue
deep and drowning passionate hues

change the bedlinen to dark chocolate brown so i can imagine myself wrapped in your eyes
what care i for golden sunlit walls
i would rather darkness and your sighs

take the sun away
let there be only night

(aye currumba - one of these days I will manage to write a nice little love poem without it sounding hokie - persistance is my watchword!)

2 comments:

  1. It is the hardest thing to do. Being cynical is easy, just end on the down note, the negative, anyone can do it. But reaching that goal, of being genuine and not hokey, well, that has kept me busy for a loooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed - i am missing on the genuine bit, since I've never been in love (apart from my deep and enduring adoration of my favourite band) :D

    ReplyDelete