Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh what a wicked web we weave ...

My mother said something about me coming for a visit for a week when they drive back to Brisbane after their Christmas visit that nobody wanted. I believe I said no, because I need to look for work etc. Think she then said something about there being nothing much around that time of year. I think I countered with the idea that perhaps I was going to try and get some casual work during the Christmas rush, which appeared to kill the subject.

This was a couple of weeks ago.

Last night when she called and she was mentioning tolls and the gateway and desperate for something to say, I mentioned I'd heard they weren't doing paper train tickets anymore and she said something along the lines of yes it's ridiculous, but I'm sure we can work something out for when you're here.

oh boy

She thinks I only have three cats.

She's been over thrusting her good intentions onto my poor Uncle Sidney and cleaned out his fridge for him. He didn't want her to. He found the whole experience quite traumatic and wasn't his usual cheery self when he called. His voice gets all stressed and shakey, cause the only way to stop her when she gets like that is to have big knockdown melodramatic fight with her. Now she is feeling all powerful and confidence after bullying Sid. She'll want to come over to my place too. Damned if I know how I am going to stop her?

Maybe this weekend I will ask around some of the department stores about christmas relief, so that I can try and get out of this 'assumed' visit.

Edit: In all fairness I must admit, there was some stuff that has been in the fridge since 2002.

2 comments:

  1. My boss said I shouldn't look on my wimpy attempt to avoid saying no to my mother by getting a casual job over christmas as a way of 'not visiting mother' - she says I should look on it as an opportunity to experience new things - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the immortal words of Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

    RUN AWAY!

    ReplyDelete