Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blind Freddy knew that

My work clothes did not dry overnight, so I am wearing a dress I swore I would not wear until I had lost a bit of weight.  The buttons strain somewhat, but I look passingly respectable.

No coffee yet.

The cats woke me at 5:30 ish, but instead of going back to sleep as I have been doing, I read a book instead.  I thought it might make me more alert and less inclined to want coffee, as when I go back to sleep after having been woken early, I sleep harder and stumble zombie like for hours after.  I even ate breakfast.  Cereal with lite milk and everything.



It doesn't work.
I really really really really want a coffee.

*sigh*

5 comments:

  1. remind us why you can't have a coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was to prove I was a strong, self disciplined adult, who didn't need stimulates to function.

    It was the beginning salvo of the new me.

    The new me who exercises moderately, eats healthily and keeps a clean flat that I could let somebody inside if they just turned up without two weeks notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok. it's pretty harsh to give up coffee though. how about switching to tea? i quite like dilmah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like to have a tea when I am out for breakfast on weekends but I don't like it as an everyday drink.

    Tea always makes me think of ladies and gloves and Agatha Christie novels. I like it to be special with pretty china cups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that you and coffee are entwined to the point of no escape.

    Welcome to my world. :D

    ReplyDelete