Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sprainned eyeballs from rolling

Oh the drama.

My newly turned 12yr niece behaved rather badly on her birthday.  She wasn't happy with her presents in general.  Nobody had bought her anything that was on her list.  She got clothes and a ticket to go see a performance of Chinese Acrobats and books and money.  On the way over I stopped and bought her a mudcake cupcake pending such time as I get paid.  I thought it would be a bit nicer than just giving her an IOU.  Mudcake is her favourite.

Yesterday was my nephew's birthday.  He has just turned 9 (I thought he was already 9 but apparently not).  No bakeries with cupcakes close by so, bought him some lollies.

You should have seen the ta-do 12yr niece put on because nephew got lollies and she 'just got a cupcake'.  She spent the whole cutting of the nephews cake and opening presents ceremony whinging about how crap her presents had been.

Considering I only have a months work, and getting by on welfare payments is going to be tricky, this is not making me want to buy her a birthday present when payday comes around.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes its really tough tolerate the little childrens tantrums, especially on their birthdays. I went through the same problems with my kids early on, and eventually they wised up.

    After they didn't get anything on a particular occasion in a timely manner, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Georgie - I keep reminding myself of that. It's just trickier when she is the only one of the three that is like this.

    Middle child syndrome?

    ReplyDelete