Saturday, March 6, 2010

Karma is swift

My Uncle Sidney got into his head, when one of my nieces was younger, that she liked horses.  I don't think she has ever particularly been that enthusiastic about horses.  I think this idea has just come about because she is a girl and Uncle Sid thinks all little girls like horses.   So every year he sends her something horse related.

My niece (whose birthday it is today) displayed some displeasure at her last horse related gifts at Christmas.  There was a painted wooden horse whose saddle opens up with a cavity to put jewelery in and a horse stickerbook.

Needless to say, I think this is Hilarious and have been encouraging Uncle Sid to make sure that he includes more horse things with her birthday present.

All this is to explain why I was a little startled when I received a parcel yesterday, from my lovely and delightful friend Jami in the states.  I sent her some scarves recently and she has sent me this gorgeous soft toy she has made and I have displayed on my bookcase up high were the cats can't get it.  It's a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment