Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dressing Gown - alternate title: if only i had a brain

My choices were many.  In the weeks pending pay day I pondered my options and decided on the blue and white one.  It turned out to only be in stock in small and could not encompass the sweeping expanse of my arse.  I purchased the pale green one with roses instead :)


A very lazy long weekend so far.  The quandary of whether to rise early and secret easter eggs around my niece's and nephews yard resolved by them going camping out at the farm.

I have let myself into their home, driven by the urge for avocado on toast with salt & pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.  I don't own a toaster.  Must do something about that one day.

I suspect my beloved Blossom-cat is stealing my pillow as I type.

I know I said I was going to post this yesterday, but .... when I entered the pre-paid credit voucher into the computer it kept saying it was an invalid number.  I went back to the newsagency to check they hadn't given me something meant only for a mobile phone or something instead, but no.  Tried a few more times on the off chance it was just some kind of connection glitch.  Notification popped up to say I'd had to many tries and now needed to contact telstra on 1258880.  Tried to call that number and the recordings only seemed to give mobile phone options.  Called four or five times to test the various options as there was no 'press star to go backwards' option.

Was feeling a little cross.  Sat down to sulk.  Suddenly realised that I'd bought a virgin pre-paid credit and that I was actually with Telstra for my internet.

sigh

Looked at the back of the box the sticky thing had come in.  Realised the service number looks the same as a mobile phone number.  Realised this was the box for the second stick I had bought when the cats broke the first one and therefore this service number was no good to me as I had put the old sim card into the new stick and that I had no idea where the first box was.

Had brilliant idea of then just getting the second sim card activated, but after sitting on hold and listening to music for ten or more minutes after being put through by the automated service, concluded there was nobody picking up and gave up. 

Reminded myself it was long weekend/Easter and people are allowed to have time off and don't have to stay slaving away at work just because I want something.  Read a book instead.

3 comments:

  1. Finally! Just what I've been looking for: a dressing gown that comes with its very own glass of white wine. Where do they stock these marvels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/easter-sunday-awards-to-fill-your-basket/

    Happy Belated Easter!
    free stuff!

    ReplyDelete