Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I never could get the hang of Wednesdays

I have a weird still feeling.   Like I am in a bubble or my ears are a little blocked or something. 

There are noises around.  Rumbling, crashing and banging from building sites and cars, but they are all external of the room I occupy and distant. 

The automatic opening sliding glass door more like a television screen.  The picture doesn't seem real. 

The slanting late afternoon sunlight and diffused fluorescents clash and contrast strangely in my sight, turning the potplants a plastic fake green and seemingly too structural to be natural.  Closer to a vent off the ducted airconditioning, they move gently, threateningly, like restless triffods. 

It seems wrong to move. 
A disturbance of administrative order. 
I should have dust settled on me to show I belong.

Sometimes offices feel creepy.  Probably I should go home before I become any more nuts, ey?

No comments:

Post a Comment