Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bored bored bored

That way lies madness or so the sign says.
Wot about the other way then?
Don’t know. Doesn't say. Nobody has come back from either way.  Though I imagine it might be kind of hard to get away from madness once you are there. The roads are probably all crooked and turn in on themselves.
Maybe I should go the other way first. That way if I don’t like it I can always turn back.
What if, the other way is death? You wouldn’t be able to turn back then. Isn’t madness better than death?
I don’t know … I suppose it would depend on how long the road is.
You would still be without the option of turning back though once reaching the end.  Kind of limits one's choices.
Well same diff with the other way if you can't come back.
But technically you would still have the option of coming back because you are not dead.
Yes but technical isn't going to buy me a cup of tea, is it?  Technically an option doesn't mean diddly unless it is actually an option.
Who is to say it is only technically an option and not an actual option. We don't really know do we? Perhaps some people could and some couldn't?
So you are saying it depends on the individual.  An exceptional person could come back?  Are you an exceptional person?
I don't know?  Do you think I am an exceptional person?
Well we've only just met.  I shouldn't like to make a judgement, and indeed, who am I to judge?  You might be exceptional in comparison to some but not other's.  It's all relative.
Maybe we should just think about it for a while?  Would you like a cup of tea?
Lovely, yes.  Got any milk?
Sadly no.  No cows have passed this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment