Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day Three - Awesome!

I've just realised - this is the first time since the arthritis first kicked in that I will be off work for the Hopman Cup.

The first time the arthritis made it's presents known I could not walk real good for about six months or so and got to laze about watching the Hopman Cup.  Marc Russo was partnered with Martina Hingis - it was one of her first professional tournaments - she was only 15 years old.  They were nearly even with their opponents - Goran Ivanisovich (sp?) and "I have no idea" and Marc was losing his temper during the decider mixed doubles match and punched the back wall and then had to retire because he'd broken a bone in his hand doing so.

Was the funnist thing I'd seen in months.
Had a crush on him for ages afterwards.

w00T!

I shall re-arrange the furniture and put the television in the bedroom for the event.

I remember the first time - I was having so much trouble with my feet - it took me nearly ten mintues to put my full weight on them in the mornings and then I was best off shuffling so as not to take my full weight off them again.  Little old ladies with walking frames were passing me in shopping centres.

I was making use of the benches for the first time in my life, waiting for my mother when she was in the shops as stopping-and-starting was the most difficult part for me.  Little old ladies would sit down and compare their injuries with me.  I would here soo many stories of daughters of friends with the same disease who were having their first joint replacement at age 23 or 24.

I cannot tell a lie.

I am kind of looking forward to this opportunity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment