Saturday, December 19, 2009

Surprised myself

I could not be polite.

Pregnant sister's parents-in-law (the father who said would build the extension to house, but has now been persuaded by his wife not to finish what he has started and is now only working till is lockable) were at the BBQ.  Pregnant sister has paid for mother-in-law's change of flight and they are staying till 11 January,.   

I couldn't look at them. 
I couldn't speak to them.

Mother-in-law who sat and sneered at last bbq was all happy and chatty this time.

I finished eating and left.

My mother is due to arrive Tuesday.  Mother's hobby in her retirement is fighting with people.  I don't think she feels like she has had a good day unless she has made a waitresses cry.

The family gathering on Christmas Day is going to be terrific.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god all families are something. Mostly something difficult

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does not kill me, makes me stronger - I shall tell myself over and over again and hopefully somebody elses horror christmas blog will make me feel better :)

    ReplyDelete